Pear Upside Down Cake
1/3 c. butter, melted
1 c. brown sugar
3-4 c. sliced pears (fresh or canned)
2 c. flour
2 t. baking powder
1 c. heavy cream
1/2 c. milk
- Preheat oven to 350. Pour the melted butter into a 9x13 baking dish, making sure that the sides get buttered as well. Sprinkle with the brown sugar.
- Arrange the pears over the brown sugar, fitting tightly together. Set dish aside.
- Sift the flour with the baking powder in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs with the sugar until light. Stir in the flour mixture. Add the cream and milk, mixing well.
- Carefully pour the batter into the prepared pan, being careful not to move the pears.
- Bake in preheated oven 40 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Remove cake from oven and let cool for five minutes before turning out onto a serving plate. Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.